Edina Alcohol and Drug Rehab Is the Best Choice for Lasting Recovery
Reasons for Addiction
Heroin addiction is costly. It causes more deaths than traffic accidents annually. Its addiction is not only limited to junkies or homeless persons, more and more professionals and youngsters are also getting hooked to it. It is estimated that 23% of people who use it become addicted to it. One reason people get addicted to heroin is due to its abundant supply and availability. Heroin comes from all parts of the world like: Mexico, South America, Southeast Asia and Southwest Asia.
Social and Psychological Factors
Users of heroin may become addicted due to insecurities or frustrations that dominant their life. They may be facing problems at home or in family life which leads them to trying it and then becoming addicted to it. They may live in an environment where it is easily available and supported or encouraged by their friends. Usually, those trying other drugs stumble upon heroin and may derive more satisfaction from it to become addicted. In some cases it is the lack of education and hardships which push people toward it.
Drug Addiction Treatment Center Guide to Recovery:
Below you will find a list of drug addiction treatments and services that reputable drug rehabs should provide. Please keep in mind that even if a drug and alcohol rehab program provides these services, it does not mean they are the perfect one for you. A center providing drug addiction treatments should:
- Have its JCAHO accreditation
- Provide multiple levels of addiction treatment services
- Have a medical detox program on the facility's campus
- Employ ASAM certified physicians
- Employ a licensed and credentialed staff
- Employ a staff skilled in dual diagnosis treatment
- Have a comprehensive family recovery program
- Have a relapse prevention program
- Have an aftercare program that includes names, address's and phone numbers of any referral sources
- Have an alumni coordinator to use for support so that it can help to prevent relapse
For additional information on drug addiction treatments, alcohol rehabilitation or dual diagnosis treatment centers, please call us at call (651) 395-7995. We help people everyday!
Heroin is made from Morphine and it is a highly addictive drug. It can be snorted which means means it is taken through the nose or smoked. It can also be directly injected into the vein or muscle. However you take it, it aims to enhance the pleasure feeling in the brain causing a euphoric state. The person feels relieved of any pain or worry as their thinking gets clouded and they go into a drowsy state.
Help is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What To Expect:
- Professional Treatment that Works
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Comfortable and Clean Facilities
- 12-Step Small Group Therapy
- Safe Medically Supervised Detox and Rehab
- A Complete Dual Diagnosis Rehab Facility